Handheld Tracking System for Sporting Dogs
- Track up to 20 dogs¹ at a time, with ranges up to 9 miles using a Garmin T 5 collar device or up to 4 miles with T 5 mini collar device
- 2.5-second update rate provides faster location tracking when dogs are on the run
- GPS/GLONASS reception enables better satellite tracking in challenging environments than GPS alone
- Comes with preloaded TOPO U.S 100K mapping and a free 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription; compatible with Garmin HuntView cards
- Hunt Metrics data helps analyze your dogs’ hunting patterns and behaviors; view distance traveled, time afield and more
With faster 2.5-second location updates and the capacity to follow up to 20 dogs¹, Astro 430 is a handheld powerhouse of dog-tracking performance. Intuitive and easy to use, the Astro 430 handheld features a vibrant 2.6-inch color display, preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K mapping, an optional in-unit rechargeable battery and Hunt Metrics data to help analyze your dogs’ tracking habits in the field, so you can know how to train more effectively.
Follow Your Dog's Every Move
Using the Garmin T 5 or T 5 mini collar devices² (sold separately) to transmit each dog’s location as often as every 2.5 seconds, Astro 430 is quick to pinpoint the track they’re following — even when they’re on the run. On the Astro’s bright, crisp display, you can see your dog’s current location and a trail of where he’s been. You also can switch over to the Dog Track page to view a compass pointing to your dog’s location. For help in keeping the big picture in sight when tracking multiple dogs, it’s easy to auto zoom the map page, so all dogs can be seen on the display at any time. Dogs that are too far away to fit on the map’s current zoom scale can be notated on the display’s margin in the direction of the dog’s location. To reduce visual clutter on the map, you can toggle between “show all,” “show some” and “show none” — selecting the duration that each dog’s track is viewable on the display. You can also share a dog’s track code so another person can view your dog’s location on their unit’s map, along with the dog tracking compass. Further, by sharing a dog’s control code, you can allow another person to configure and control your dog’s on-collar device.
Track with Hunt Metrics Data
Sophisticated Hunt Metrics help monitor your dog’s hunting patterns and behaviors to optimize your training opportunities. You can see your dog's times, distances traveled and overall scores. Plus, the Astro 430 will also capture the number of times during the hunt when an “on point” or “treed” event was indicated.